We are a club based out of Rice University, dedicated to the promotion of Israeli culture, as well as to raising awareness about social and political issues in the Middle-East.
- Educate students about Israel
- Host lunch discussions with national and community leaders with regard to Israel
- Host monthly columns in local newspapers and magazines such as the Jewish Herald-Voice
- Host pro-Israeli cultural and political events
- Attend pro-Israeli events in the larger Houston community, e.g. AIPAC Conferences
Events from Earlier this Year:
February 2009 –
- 9th– TuBeshvat event with speakers on green initiatives and sustainability in Israel, Kelly courtyard, 12:30pm
- 17th– Lunch with Alick Isaacs, Shalom Hartman Institute, his campus topic of "Prophetic Peace."
- 18th– Lunch with students from Ben Gurion University that are participating in the Clinton Global Initiative university conference
- 20th– Dr. Oded Eran lunch and talk, “The Peace Process in the Middle Process under the shadow of the Iranian nuclear threat."
- 17th– 29th Jewish Film Festival
- 23th– Dr. Wilzig, possible lunch on “Political Communication in Israel”
- 24th– “A Hero in Heaven” screening
- 25th– Lunch with producer, Sally Mitlas
- 31th– Ethnic Conflict Event at Baker Institute
- 8th– Meeting with Ambassador Djerijian at the Baker Institute to discuss the hiring of Baker fellow Hanan Ashwari
- 15th– Discussion on Netanyahu’s government at the Baker Institute with Journalist Nahum Barnea, Chief Political Columnist, Yedioth Ahronoth Daily
- 20th– Discussion with Dr. Chuck Freilich, Former Israeli Deputy National Security Advisor